Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Visionary

Last night I saw what I will call, for want of a better term, a vision. It wasn’t a dream, because I was awake, but it certainly wasn’t a daydream in the sense of me controlling it, either. And what I saw was this.

I saw myself coming near to death, so near, oh so near, as if a lethargy had set into my limbs and I was drifting away. Then far away I saw a great river, and on the far shore wandered a multitude of souls. They weren’t joyful, they weren’t sad. Mostly, they were just there. They were lost.

These were the souls who can not fly. They are still bound to the earth; they can not rise and be reborn until they learn to fly. And it is their fear which holds them most strongly. Anger and pride hold them down somewhat, but it is their fear which binds them so strongly they can not break free.

So they wander, and they do not even know that they can fly.

3 Comments:

At 2/07/2006 11:51 AM, Blogger Tirithien said...

Unchain from your fears, and you learn to fly.

Fear is the one thing that keeps most people from acheiving their goals, so it makes sense fear could keep the spirits from moving up.

 
At 2/07/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger Bainwen Gilrana said...

I guess I didn’t do too good of a job conveying the extreme eeriness of this vision. The faces of the souls were so very expressionless, and they wandered so aimlessly. I do not think they knew what they sought.

 
At 2/14/2006 12:18 AM, Blogger Tirithien said...

Sometimes, maybe the dead don't even know they are just yet. I don't know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home